I’m going admit some things here that are almost as embarrassing as my confession of buying condoms…
I have a big list of guilty pleasures, longer than the list of lists.
But here’s a few things I enjoy or do or do not enjoy, that you may relate to, in hopes I’m not as weird as I think I am…
- Every SINGLE Tuesday, I watch Teen Mom, or Teen Mom 2, depending on the running season.
- I follow the Teen Mom (and 2) mothers on Twitter.
- Sometimes I shower, just to get warm, or to pretend I’m a mermaid.
- Sometimes I pretend I’m a famous person getting interviewed on a late night show like Chelsea Lately.
- Most days, showering is a chore.
- To me, pizza is gross.
- I consider my books and the characters in them, my friends.
- Lana Del Rey music is played in my car. Every.Day.
- Yes, I pick at scabs.
- No, my food cannot touch other food on the plate.
- I eat food clock-wise on the dish.
- Coffee is a meal.
- I dream in Spanish, and understand it.
- I can squish beetles, ants, flies and most other things, but refuse to kill spiders, I name them instead.
- Tucker is a real boy trapped in a dog’s body and thus, cannot speak and it frustrates him. I am a firm believer of this.
- My dog is better than any other dog.
- York Peppermint Patties. Heaven.
- I judge girls, heavily.
- I judge boys, heavily.
- My friends are better than some of my family members, and I have one amazing family.
- The smell of clean babies is one of my favorite smells.
- At night, everything seems muchier, the lights rolling of moving car windows, the sounds. It’s my favorite.
- Most people finder bloggers to be narcissistic, I get that, but to me, blogging and writing are therapeutic.
- Sometimes, I pick nail polish off, just to reapply it again.
And Lastly…for now.. I am absolutely addicted to social media, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest, and rhaimi herself. I could spend hours on the Internet and be perfectly content.
So there you go. Weird things about Sarah.
Ryan has this Friday through coming Monday off work, so we’re trying to plan something exciting to do. It’s looking more and more like we’ll adventure around Sioux Falls, South Dakota, because only service dogs are allowed at Mount Rushmore. And I did want to include Tucker.
I’m hoping we can traipse around a few premium photo spots so I can get one of the three of us, like tourists.
The only thing I’m really worried about, is what to wear….As always.
I took a really good photo of Ryan with Tucker in his lap the other day, it’s all artsy and full of emotion. Maybe I’ll post it here later. I want to make sure Ryan would be okay with that.
Other than that, I don’t have much to report. Sorry guys.
Google sent me $100 dollars worth of free advertising with them, as in after the one hundred dollars runs out, I pay a chosen amount every time someone clicks on a personalized rhaimi ad. For every click, that could mean I get a new reader, and my traffic would increase…..But, I am not made of money, dearest Google.
Can someone tell me if this is a good idea or not?
When you do a Google search for rhaimi.com, my blog is the number one search. So, thanks guys, that would not be so if it weren’t for you all.
Three cheers for my readers!!!!!
I spent the morning creating mock school newsletters for the principal to see my creative side, because whether I do indeed have the job as substitute assistant teacher or not, I’ve been hired for freelance creative work around the school.
I bought condoms for the first time in my life. I know. It’s kind of a big day for me. Never have I ever had to buy condoms since today. But let’s be honest, sex can lead to an unplanned pregnancy which generally leads to an infant. And although a baby is really all I want and wish for every birthday and Christmas and every day of my life, it’s not financially doable to have a child right now. So. I’m being safe and proactive. And yes, we’re having a talk about my sex life. Or rather, lack of one since Ryan and I are really trying to not partake in that until after marriage, but sometimes we falter. And fifty dollars later after the Plan B pill we always say no more, because Jeez Louise that little pill is expensive. So, I went out and spent five bucks on condoms. I thought it was a little pricey and then laughed when I looked back at the idea of how much it costs to have a baby…..Five bucks later, I’m ready for that next faltered moment. Because we’re human, and sometimes we slip up….and onto the other in a hot moment of emotion and hormonal passion and and and…..awkward.
…..Other things I did today……..
I am working on a mix for Ryan. The last time I made him one was about a week after we started dating, a year ago. Mix Two is now in the making.
Today, I also learned that if you want to make anyone’s day, and I mean ANYONE, tell them you appreciate them. And mean it. Because we don’t say it enough I don’t think.
And tonight, I’m making steak and shrimp and rosemary baby red potatoes for dinner.
Sometimes feeling empty leaves a very heavy impression. And sometimes feeling full of life is a light-as-air sensation.
I’m sitting here, enjoying a hot cocoa from Starbucks, because I can, and I look down and there’s drink all down my white shirt. This is yet another reason why I can’t have nice things.
Ryan is snoring on the coach, and Tucker is snoring on the floor.
I read Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion in two days. Because it was absolutely amazing. There’s a deeper meaning beyond zombies and living people, but rather, how must of us are already zombies. Walking Dead for technology, fashion, trends, politics, you name it, but it’s also up to us, just like in the book, to fix everything. To come back as more. And it moved me more than any other story I’ve read this year.
I’ve been irritable and moody this weekend, I don’t feel great, people around here are assholes. I’m frustrated in many ways, financially, emotionally. I’m hoping I get the job at the school. So far, it looks like I’m a shoe-in. The principal liked me and so did the kids when I went in and volunteered. But I was told the principal has also interviewed 9 other people, and when she said she’d call me as soon as my background check cleared, which it will, it made me think I got it. But now I don’t know. I’ve already told my family and friends I did. So would I’ look like a douche bag if I didn’t? Can women even be douche bags? Whatever.
Here’s hoping something good comes my way. Here’s to really effing hoping.